Monday 27 April 2015

Blog Entry #9 - Embarrassing yet Awkward Moment to Forget


Embarrassing moments? This type of moments are best kept far away from memories rather than to save them in our minds,  that could make us feel like a fool. Fortunately, most of these embarrassing moments will help us by learning from the lessons we learnt from those awkward moments.

As for myself, I had tonnes of embarrassing moments. 
Some of them are kept far, far away from my mind that I could not recall the entire incident, even narrate here. Whenever I think of awkward moments, I could only think about how unfortunately people, including myself are in those situations. What can we learn from embarrassing moments? Only to ensure we do not do the same thing before those moments happen and to consider many things before we think, say and do.

One of the embarrassing moments would be that one incident that would make me turn red whenever I think of how foolish I was to even be at that situation. Thinking back over the embarrassing moments, there is one that came up in my mind and it is something that happened a couple of months ago.


I made plans to meet my very old school friend, Sha at Midvalley after working hours at Midvalley. I was quite excited to meet her as it has definitely been ages. Sha was one of my very good friends back during the school years and we have both spent so many good times together. No doubt that I do attempt to meet Sha, at least every one time in few months. Every meeting with Sha was quite exciting for me because it brings back all good times of those lovely school days. Those were the time we sat and spoke for hours. Nevertheless, I never got bored of talking to my good friend, Sha.

So, we were texting each other on our arrivals to the mall. I was at Midvalley much earlier and was just killing time by doing some window shopping. Once Sha texted that she has arrived the mall, I asked her on her parking location. I was quite bored walking. Sha texted, ‘Gu, I’m already here. Parking at Block I at Level 5c’. How glad was I, she parked her car at the same level as mine. So, I decided to actually go to the parking area and greet her.

As I quickly made my way up, I was still texting Sha. Just trying to kill some time. She was not out of her just yet because she wanted to adjust her hair and make-up. I arrived at the level and I saw a lady, slighted tanned, wearing a white dress with a very some nice white covered high-heels. From afar, I saw the figure to be exactly like Sha and waved so excitedly towards Sha. I shouted out, ‘Sha! Sha! Sha!’. Sha waved backed at me. I was glad, I received a respond. We quite far apart in distance and walking. Instead of making the walking towards each other awkward, I started fiddling with my phone as I was walking towards my friend, Sha.

As we were already approaching each other…..’Owh my!’

There was another lady, instead of Sha standing in front of me, looking as perplexed as me. We looked at each other, just so puzzled! I quickly apologised to the lady and explained to her that I thought it was my friend, Sha. The lady said that she thought that I may have known her and wanted to talk to her because her name is Natasha and her friends call her ‘Sha’. What a coincidence!
I felt so embarrass the whole time for the past few days. When I told Sha about it, she broke into a laughter and the embarrassment was even worse. Now to think about it, even I can laugh thinking about it.Hahah!

So, what I have learnt? Don’t scream or wave to people from a distance where you cannot even see their faces clearly. That is something I am quite cautious about these days.


No comments:

Post a Comment